- The following information has been prepared to assist you when vacating the property you have been renting through this office.
Please note that we cannot inspect the property until you have removed all belongings and have returned the keys. Any keys given to friends or relatives should also be handed back.
Attendance to the following matters prior to our inspection will save considerable time and prevent unnecessary delays in returning your bond:
- Oven to be clean. Grill and drip trays to be cleaned. Dishwasher waste to be cleaned.
- Fly spots to be cleaned off ceilings & walls – especially around the light shades.(CLEAN with soapy water only – NO chemicals)
- Windows and window sills to be cleaned thoroughly.
- Curtains: Please discuss the best way to clean curtains with your Property Manager.
- All cupboards to be cleaned thoroughly inside and out.
- Walls, ceilings and light switches must be clean and free from marks.
- All light fittings to be cleaned. Check all light bulbs work.
- All floors, all skirting to be washed & free of dust. Carpets to be vacuumed and commercially cleaned (Please check your tenancy agreement as there may be a clause contained in this that stipulates you need to commercially clean the carpets).
- Rug Doctors are not accepted as a commercial clean. Please Note: Receipt for carpet cleaning must be produced at ‘outgoing’ inspection.
- Badly marked or stained carpet to be commercially cleaned.
- Cobwebs to be removed.
- Particular attention should be paid to the bathroom and toilet. Bathroom cabinets to be cleaned. Grouting to be free of all soap residue and – mildew. Shower recess to be scrubbed and shower waste cleaned out. Shower screens and curtains to be washed. Toilet to be thoroughly cleaned.
- Check all smoke alarm batteries are working.
- No rubbish to be left anywhere on the property, inside or out.
- Lawns to be mown, edges trimmed.
- Garden areas to be free of weeds and shrubs are to be trimmed. Weeds need to be sprayed several weeks before vacate date. All dead weeds/trimmings to be removed and the area clean of weeds on vacate date.
- Driveways, carports and all concrete areas to be free from oil and grease stains.
- All chattels on tenancy agreement to be accounted for.
As soon as you have finalised the date you will be vacating the premises, please contact us to arrange an outgoing inspection (unless you have been contacted for this prior). At this inspection you will release the keys to the property manager as part of the outgoing checks. The water meter will be read at this time also. We will advise how much is due for water which can be paid out of your bond or separately. Please advise your Property Manager which way you would like to pay this.
PLEASE NOTE: if this cleaning/gardening guide hasn’t been followed specifically, it will be necessary to deduct cleaning/gardening costs from your bond, and also the amount of days rent it takes to get it sorted.
If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact us or call 07 8868229